Instagram live as the name suggests is a feature of Instagram which allows its user to go live using the Instagram app. Users of Instagram live feature can stream live video to their followers. While broadcasting live content a ring highlights the streamers profile and all their followers are notified using notification. Instagram Live is a part of Instagram Stories.
According to Instagram “You can share a live video to connect with your followers in real-time for up to one hour. Once a live video has ended, it’s no longer visible in the app, unless you share a replay of it to IGTV.”
Features of Instagram Live
Instagram Live has many features such as :
- Stream Video in real-time – You can start streaming anytime provided that your device is connected to the internet. A good internet connection is recommended to ensure a smooth live stream. Although it is advisable that you let your followers know that you would be coming live through a post or a story to increase the number of viewers.
- Save live videos to your Instagram stories- After the live stream has ended you can save it to your stories. There it will be visible for 24 hours. It makes sure that the people who missed it can still view it through your story.
- Interact with followers using Instagram lives- Using Instagram’s live stream you can engage with your audience. You can respond to their comments and questions as they are visible during the live stream.
- Pin selected comments on top of video – You can choose to pin comments on top of the video feed. These comments can be good comments or just something that you like.
- Add another person to your live stream – You can invite another person to join your live stream and both of you can stream an go live together. Both of your followers will be able to join the combined live session.
How to make two person live on Instagram?
Follow the following steps on how to add another person to your live stream:
Step 1- Swipe right from anywhere in the feed or tap on the Add Stories section to access Instagram Stories
Step 2- Swipe through different Story features like Create, Bomeerang till you find the “Live Feature” and tap on it.
Step 3- Go with Default or select a filer for your live streaming by swiping left and right and tap on the finalized Live filter
Step 4- After you have gone live Look for the option to add a friend. It resembles two adjoined smileys ( .). Tap on it
Step 5- Then select the person’s name you want to invite to your live stream. But remember this person needs to be watching your live stream for you to be able to send the invite.
Step 6- If your friend accepts the request you can broadcast your live stream together in a split-screen view.
Step 7- You can also remove this person from your live stream by tapping on the cross button on the top right corner of their split-screen.
So, these are the simple steps using which you can easily make two person live on Instagram without any hassle. If you still face any trouble, you can comment in the section below so we can help you out.